Commercial Umbrellas for Theme Parks
Are your theme parks in need of shade? American Holtzkraft offers an extensive line of American-made commercial wood and aluminum market umbrellas that are suitable for all types of weather. We are specialists in the hospitality industry sector and provide design and engineering excellence. We also manufacture cabanas, daybeds, site furnishings, and accessories that will exceed your expectations.
American Holtzkraft, headquartered in Mount Pleasant Mills, PA, is a female-owned business founded in 1985 to capitalize on the abundance of high-quality hardwood in Pennsylvania and the region’s renowned Pennsylvania Dutch craftsmanship to produce the finest market umbrellas in the industry.
Wood Umbrellas – Standard Features
We construct our wooden market umbrellas from the finest materials. They are available in octagon (a.k.a. round), square, rectangle, and decagon shapes.
- Distinctive hardwood grains preserved by slow kiln-drying, sealings, and a slow drying of multiple finishes.
- A full-length solid ash pole is laminated for strength and protection against warping.
- Aluminum flush pole guard protects pole and minimizes swelling in the stand.
- Hub is horizontally multi-laminated with Northern Ash, the hardest wood grown in the U.S., and reinforced internally with stainless steel hardware. Hub design accents strength, keeping the wood girth in all weather.
- Multi-laminated finial provides further protection against excessive exposure to weather.
- Flexible, durable, high-gloss finish for outdoor use.
- Solid brass fabric-connecting brackets are sealed with clear lacquer. Solid brass grommets and screws attach the fabric. All screws are flush to protect the fabric when umbrella is closed.
- Heavy, solid brass eye-screw and chain connect the positioning pin.
- Stainless steel self-locking acorn nuts for permanently securing rib joints.
Wood Umbrellas –Options
- Models 701, 702, 703.5, 707, 709, and 710 feature automatic opening devices for ease of opening and closing patented and engineered by American Holtzkraft, Inc. (Patent No. 4928718.)
- Rotating canopy to release stress from pole and hubs allows umbrella to be left open in most weather conditions. (Patent No. 5020557.)
- A Double Vent feature invented by our company allows the air to escape the canopy in strong winds.
Strength and Durability
- Reinforced laminated pole with a full-length 3/8″ galvanized steel pipe in the center.
- Stainless steel hardware trim for marine applications.
- Fire retardant fabric treatment.
- Stainless steel flush pole guard for maximum protection against swelling.
- Wood toning, various finishes, and gloss protective build.
- Pole length may be adjusted for in-ground use; flush pole guard available in various lengths.
- Reversed poles for hanging umbrellas.
- Wide selection of stock fabrics; custom fabric weaving and sewing; silk screening and logos.
- Flush-to-surface rib lighting and/or down lighting packages available with hidden wires.
Customers can also mimic the warm good looks of a wooden market umbrella with the durability of aluminum. Our most durable aluminum model, the 202P, with 8′ rotating canopy and pultrusion ribs, is available with a powder-coated finish.
The possibilities are endless with American Holtzkraft! When you need commercial outdoor umbrellas for your theme parks, reach out to us at (570) 539-8945 to place an order.